It’s #LGBTQFamiliesDay, and you’re invited! Start the first full week of Pride Month with a day of visibility and community! Share a family photo, a short message of celebration and support, or longer reflections using any social media channel, with the hashtag #LGBTQFamiliesDay. Then follow the hashtag throughout the day and share from other participants. If you post on your own blog or or have other longer pieces you’ve written, you may also submit links to those posts below, and I’ll add them to a list at Mombian for all to peruse.
All LGBTQ bloggers, children of LGBTQ parents, and allies are welcome! The only theme is to celebrate and support our families in whatever way is meaningful to you. The event is held at the start of June, between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, in order to honor both, but also to highlight that not all families fit into the traditional structure of one mother and one father. Additionally, June is LGBTQ Pride Month.
Thanks to Family Equality Council for partnering with me on the event this year. And thanks, as always, to all of you who are tweeting, Instagramming, posting on Facebook, writing blog posts, creating vlogs, and sharing your thoughts and stories.
To submit an item to the list below, complete the form at the end of this post. (Please make sure submitted posts are set to “Public” viewing.) You’re welcome to submit two or three items if you really can’t choose, but please refrain from more than that so that everyone has a better opportunity to have their items seen. We do, however, encourage you to post and share as many items as you wish on your own social media channels today. Just use the #LGBTQFamiliesDay hashtag!
Please allow some time between submitting a post and its appearance in the list below. I will be updating the list as fast as possible, but new posts may not appear immediately. Please also check out everything that’s been shared for the event on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram!
- timeforfamilies.com Embryo Donation May Be the Answer For You – It Was For Me
- Queer Little Family Raising A Genderfull Kid
- Soccer: Dividing and Uniting One Family Since 2008
- Adventurous Moms We’re Coming Out! Again… and Again… and Again…
- Pittsburg Lesbian Correspondents We #AMPLIFY Stories from 50+ LGBTQ Parents in Western Pennsylvania on #LGBTQFamiliesDay
- Lesbian Dad Worth it
- Movement Advancement Project Where We Call Home: LGBT Families in Rural America
- Our Family Coalition’s blog Volunteer to support LGBTQ families at SF Pride!
- Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents “Can you take a 13-year-old Caucasian boy?” Guest Blog Post for #LGBTQFamiliesDay
- Gay Star News This is how gay dads shut down ignorant parenting stereotypes
- SafariDad Two and a Half Years of Trump