I’m very excited to announce the new Mombian YouTube Channel, where I’ve collected and organized over 200 videos about LGBTQ families. There are videos for and by both LGBTQ parents and our kids, so come check it out!
I’ve had a YouTube channel for a number of years, but I’ve reworked and relaunched it. I’ve now gathered and sorted my original list of videos — and many additional ones — into a number of playlists, so you can visit either the channel homepage or dive right in to a specific topic:
- Family Profiles: Profiles of LGBTQ families, told by the parents or interviewers.
- Children of LGBTQ Parents, Speaking Out: Children of LGBTQ parents, young and grown, talking about their families.
- Videos for Kids: LGBTQ-inclusive videos for kids (mostly preschool and elementary-school age).
- Films/Shows/Trailers: Trailers for longer films and documentaries.
- Politics and LGBTQ Parents: LGBTQ parents (and sometimes their parents or others) speaking out for our families. Includes ads used in support of LGBTQ equality in various state campaigns.
- Educational Videos: Created for young people to inform them about LGBTQ families and related topics like gender stereotypes.
- Commercials and Promotions: Commercials and promotions for companies, products, or organizations, featuring LGBTQ families.
- Book Trailers/Author Interviews/Readings: Trailers for books for and about LGBTQ families and interviews with their authors.
- Miscellaneous: Anything I couldn’t fit into any of the above categories.
Note that the above playlists contain mostly one-off videos from sources that are not primarily about LGBTQ families. For other YouTube channels that are devoted almost exclusively to LGBTQ families, check out my Channels tab.
I’ll continue to add to the playlists as new videos come out (!) and as I find old ones. Feel free to leave a comment if I’ve missed any of your favorites, or if you discover any new ones.
Now go make some popcorn and start watching!