- A Gallup poll finds what an earlier Washington Post/ABC News poll did: a majority of Americans now support marriage for same-sex couples.
- The Connecticut House passed a bill that would bar discrimination based on gender identity or expression in employment, housing, and public accommodations (including restrooms).
- New York state senator Martin Golden introduced a bill that would prevent recognition of marriages of same-sex couples from other jurisdictions. The state currently recognizes such marriages, even though its own marriage equality legislation is still making its way forward. Golden said his main purpose was to “[send] a message.”
- The Rhode Island House voted in favor of a civil union bill.
- Rumor has it that Tammy Baldwin (D), U.S. Representative from Wisconsin, may run for the Senate seat being vacated by Senator Herb Kohl (D). If elected, she would become the first openly gay U.S. senator.
Around the world: