Save the date: It’s that time of year again! On Tuesday, June 1, I will be hosting the 5th Annual Blogging for LGBT Families Day.
Over the past five years, hundreds of bloggers from around the world have participated, including lesbian moms, gay dads, bisexual parents, transgender parents, adult children of LGBT parents, LGBT individuals without children, and straight allies. Some bloggers told stories about their paths to parenthood, or tales about their children; some wrote about LGBT relatives or friends; others discussed current political events; and several spoke of why their faith obliges them to support LGBT rights. This year’s writings should be equally diverse and compelling.
Here’s how it works:
- Blog on a topic related to LGBT families on or before June 1, 2010.
- Complete the form at the bottom of this post to submit your entry. I encourage people to post on June 1; I am posting the form now in case anyone really wants to submit something early.
- I’ll compile the posts and highlight them here on June 1. Come back and read the stories and insights of our community and allies.
Any blogger who wants to support LGBT families is welcome, LGBT or not, parent or not. I encourage those who don’t usually post about LGBT families or LGBT issues, as well as those for whom every day is Blogging for LGBT Families Day. Give it a spin based on your usual blog topics. There’s no set formula or format. Photos and videos are also welcome.
Please also grab a banner after the jump and promote the event on your site, Facebook, Twitter, etc. The more people who participate, the more impact our voices will have.
Please download the image(s) you want to your own computer (and then upload them to your blog, Facebook, etc.), rather than link to the image files here. (If I find people are doing that, I will change the image names so old image links won’t work.)
- Right-click the image (Mac users: click and hold) and choose “Download image,” “Save image as…” or “Save picture as…” Follow the prompts in the dialogue box to save to your computer.
- Upload to your blog or Facebook as you would any image.
- Link the image to http://www.mombian.com/save-the-date-blogging-for-lgbt-families-day-is-june-1/