Advertise on Mombian
By advertising with us, you can reach a targeted audience of lesbian moms and other (mostly LGBT) parents. We care about the products and services that improve our lives as parents and benefit our children, we take part in lesbian culture, and we vote.
A recent national survey found that twice as many lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as straight people visit personal blogs, and nearly twice as many visit daily. GLB respondents also have more positive reactions to blog advertising, by more than two to one.
|1 week||2 weeks||1 month||3 months|
Click here to submit an ad through BlogAds at the above rates. All ads subject to approval.
Please e-mail Dana Rudolph if you have any questions about advertising on Mombian. I am also happy to discuss other ideas for sponsorship or promotions.
About the Site
Mombian is a lifestyle site for lesbian moms, offering a mix of parenting, politics, diversions, and resources to strengthen and sustain lesbian moms in all our varied roles. Mombian provides parenting tips, children’s activities, book reviews for parents and children, and political news and commentary, all from the perspective of a lesbian mom. It also includes a helping of lesbian culture and entertainment, in the belief that mothers don’t lose their other interests the moment they become parents.
Mombian also created and hosts the annual Blogging for LGBT Families Day. Since 2006, hundreds of bloggers have contributed posts in support of LGBT families.
Nominated for "Outstanding Blog" in the 23rd GLAAD Media Awards.
Profiled in the December 18, 2007 issue of the Advocate, "America's leading gay news and entertainment magazine."
Named #2 among "Top 10 Best Lesbian Blogs" by the Lesbian Life site at About.com (a New York Times company): "For the lesbian moms out there, and even those of us who aren't parents, Mombian is a great site with tons of resources: book and toy reviews, travel tips for lesbian moms, health and safety news and even recipes for vegan cake. And Mombian is host to the annual Blogging for LGBT Families Day. Check out Mombian, even if you aren't a mom."
Profiled in Bay Windows, New England's largest LGBT newspaper: "Rudolph bills Mombian.com as 'Sustenance for lesbian moms,' offering her witty take on both the practical, political and just plain silly sides of lesbian parenting."
Mentioned in Curve magazine, December 2008: "Although YouTube is synonymous with the Internet’s vlog revolution, a more fruitful search for lesbian voices would be through AfterEllen, where the cornucopia of online video fare has been harvested into a unique collection of female vlogs. From Kate Clinton to Mombian.com’s Dana and Helen, and with various weekly contributors in between, the vlogs at AfterEllen cover a multitude of topics."
- "The Mombian URL ought to be issued to all lesbian moms upon the launch of their parenthood–the same way we’re all issued a toaster oven upon coming out. Thank you thank you for all you’ve done and are doing!"
- "Thank you for giving us such wonderful up-to-date info. I love checking in every morning with my first cup of coffee. . . . Your blog is just an awesome resource."
- "A great site with great info! I love it!"
- "Just wanted to tell you how much we love your site and the info on it."
Comments specific to Blogging for LGBT Families Day:
- "Thank you very very much for this great idea, and whatever it spawns in the way of richer community and deeper understanding."
- "This is a great blog and a fantastic idea … I’m humbled to be a part of it."
- "What a great idea, thank you!"