- I’m not LGBT. May I participate? Of course! Blogging for LGBT Families Day is meant to bring together bloggers who are LGBT as well as our families and allies. It’s a celebration of LGBT families whether you’re part of one, know one, or just want to support them.
- How do you define “family”? However you want. That’s kind of the point.
- What do I have to post about? Anything that could be construed as supportive of LGBT families. It could be a personal anecdote, political commentary, media review, satire, poem, photo, or video, among other things.
- My blog isn’t about LGBT families. How can that work? If you don’t usually post about LGBT families, feel free to tie in your normal topics, e.g., if you’re a food blogger, you could write about having dinner (real or imagined) with the lesbian moms down the street.
- I’ll be out of town on June 3. May I submit early? Yes, please! The form is below. I won’t post the list of submissions until June 3 (and I’ll keep updating it all day), but if you get your post in early, it will be among the first to be seen.
- I have a great post on LGBT families that I wrote a while back. May I submit it, or do I have to write a new one? Already-written ones are fine, although I discourage you from submitting the same one you’ve submitted to this event in a previous year.
- I have a great new book/product for LGBT families. May I submit a post about it? I discourage purely commercial posts. If you want to post more broadly about what motivates you to support LGBT families, that’s fine, but please refrain from making a product pitch.
- I don’t have a blog. How can I participate? Several ways:
- Write at a group blog or community you belong to (or join one, like BlogHer).
- Make a video and upload it to your YouTube channel.
- Ask a local or national LGBT, parenting, or faith organization (among others) if you can submit a post to their blog. (Look at their staff list and find who’s in charge of their online stuff or their general communications, and ask nicely.)
- Leave your post as a comment on the master post here on June 3.
- Tweet about the event using the hashtag #lgbtfamilies.
- I want everyone I know to participate, too. How can I help spread the word? Post at your blog, Facebook page, Twitter account, and other social media locations now to let people know the event is coming up. E-mail your friends (but don’t spam people).
- If you want to use an image: Right click the link (Mac users: click and hold) for either the small image (200×200) or large image (403×403) and choose “Download image,” “Save image as…” or “Save picture as….” Follow the prompts in the dialogue box to save to your computer. The small image is best for within a blog post of text; the large one is best for Facebook, Tumblr, etc. where the image is the focus.
- Upload to your blog or Facebook as you would any image.
- Link the image to http://www.mombian.com/2013/04/23/save-the-date-blogging-for-lgbt-families-day-is-june-3/.
- Can you give me an easy message of < 140 characters for Twitter? Join me in supporting #LGBTfamilies by posting on Blogging for #LGBT Families Day June 3! All welcome! Pls RT! goo.gl/fb/wQoe2
10 Frequently Asked Questions About Blogging for LGBT Families Day
May 27, 2013