Here are some of the LGBT parenting stories that caught my eye this week, which I haven’t written about in other posts:
- Autostraddle brings us “19 Terribly Interesting Tips On Raising A Trans Kid (From A Trans Kid)“
- ABC covers tax inequities for same-sex parents and their children.
- Jerry Portwood of Out magazine says ABC’s Modern Family, “the most popular show on television,” by one metric, “may be the most radical form of propaganda the LGBT community currently has going for it.” I’m not sure I’d go so far as to say the show has made gay fatherhood “The New Normal,” as he titles his piece—but I think it’s helping us get there.
- North Carolinian lesbian moms Kim and Kathy talk about how the state’s proposed ban on any kind of relationship recognition for same-sex couples (Amendment One) hurts their family.
- The Louisiana House defeated a proposal that would have allowed same-sex couples and opposite-sex unmarried couples to adopt children jointly.
- A Canadian court ruled that a separated lesbian couple must divide the donated sperm they had frozen after having their first two children.